Collection Statement – Solar Product Purchase
(required under Australian Privacy Principle (“APP”) 5)
Uses of your personal information
The primary purpose for which Solar Battery Group is collecting your personal information is to provide you with solar product services such as to facilitate the purchase you may have made with us, and to contact you if there is a change in the installation or booking process, or for the maintenance and monitoring of the system post sale.
You agree that we may also use your personal information for related secondary purposes including to:
- get a better understanding of you, your needs, your behaviours, and how you interact with us in order to identify ways in which we can provide you with a better service, or enhance your experience of our website or other services;
- manage your dealings with us as a Solar Battery Group customer;
- allow authorised software partners, government bodies or other third party suppliers such as approved finance providers for which you purchased services or products from to use it for operational purposes and, with your consent, marketing and promotional purposes;
- for business research and development of new products and services,
- for the conduct of data analytics and predicting trends
- display content and advertising (including in relation to solar products and services) that is customised to your details & experiences, including through online targeted marketing, data and audience matching, and market segmentation activities.
- send marketing and promotional material about our products and/or services (or the products and/or services of our Related Bodies Corporate) that we believe you may be interested in;
- engage in marketing services in connection with the product and services we provide;
- fulfil purposes otherwise required/permitted by law (including the Privacy Act); and
If you don’t provide us with the personal information requested or the information provided is incorrect or incomplete, this could impact the level of service we are able to provide to you. For example we will not be able to contact you in the case of a booking change or installation update.
Disclosures of your personal information to third parties
We may disclose your personal information to the following organisations for the purposes described above (as well as otherwise permitted or required under Australian law):
- Solar Battery Group’s Related Bodies Corporate (including Solar SG, Member’s Energy and Solar BOS);
- Solar Battery Group’s suppliers and other third parties contractors who carry out functions for us (including but not limited to, hosting, email marketing and/or data processing providers);
- software partners and finance providers for which you purchase access or services;
- to government bodies for any applicable rebate programs or operational purposes only; and
- how you may access or correct any of your personal information collected by Solar Battery Group; and
- how you may lodge a complaint with Solar Battery Group for a breach of any APP or APP code, and how Solar Battery Group will action such complaint.
If you have any queries, concerns or other questions regarding Solar Battery Group’s collection of your personal information, please contact Solar Battery Group at: email@example.com